Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Greedy Patients!

Today, a chinese couple came to counter 16 to collect their medicine, just warfarin. They have to pay RM40 for 2 months. The lady got angry and said it's too expensive She said she has been paying only RM10 last time. I told her it's impossible because for patients who need to pay, caj biasa:RM20/mnth.

Both of them were not satisfied. They said they dont have enough money. Asked me if i can give them lesser tablets, they dont want to blue ones (3mg), just want the orange ones (5mg), asked me charged them cheaper. i told them cannot. I asked pakcik hamid (the person in charged of screening and deciding the price), he said RM40...cannot reduced. If they dont want to pay, asked them buy outside. So i had to explained to them again, telling them that even if only 1 tablet, still charged RM20/mnth.

The lady was very angry. She said: Nvmlo, dun need take the medicine lo. If anything happened to me, they must be responsible for it. After much explanation, her husband finally agreed to pay (reluctantly).

After paying at the cashier, the husband just throw the Rx at counter 16, in front of me. I didnt explain much, cos the husband just took the medicine from me and started counting the tablets. He asked if there's 60 blue tablets. I told them only got 30, cos she's not supposed to take everyday, only at alternate day. So only give 30 tabs which is sufficient for 2 months.

Again, they were frustrated. They said I have to give them 60 tabs. THey already paid for 2 months, so they should get 60 tabs. I told them i have to follow the instructions of the Rx, i can't simply issue the number of tablets that i like. I explained to them that the lady is not supposed to take the medicine everyday, only on alternate days. They argued back and said: U dont have to care how i take it, u must give me 60 tablets cos i paid for 2 months d.

Wah...i really can't tahan d. I went to En AA (another pharmacist) and asked him to talk to them. i really doesnt want to talk to them anymore. The more i talk to them, the more i bengang. I had to raised my voice and talk loudly to them till i doesnt have anymore energy to talk to them. My throat was quite itchy by then....

In the end, En AA managed to "shoo" them away.

Just dont understand....so what if we give them extra? It's not that they are going to eat it. They should know this medicine can't eat alot cos will cos bleeding. Furthermore, they told me they have alot of 3mg at home and now still want us to give more. So crazy!!!

Why some ppl are just so kind-hearted that they give us back the extra medication, saying that can give those medicines for other ppl who really need it? But why some ppl are just so greedy and want everything? Medicines are not sweets ler....sigh....

Anyway, it's xmas eve. I spend my nite playing badminton at New Vision Court with XY, WW and friends and we went "countdown" at the mamak stall at Seapark....so "interesting"!!! haha.

No comments: